Sunday, July 29, 2007

55 Inches of LOUD & A great buy

Well, our home improvement project is still coming along. Our basement is finished. We refinished part of our basement to make a playroom for daddy and the kids. We built a closet under the stairs to store all the kids toys so they can pull them out easy and I can shove them in easy for quick cleanup. Daddy's toy is easily stored in the new tv entertainment center. DirecTV is coming tomorrow to hookup all the tv goodness that now comes with our 55 inch HD television. My husband assures me that tv watching will never be the same. Right now, as I type this, my son is watching Star Wars on the big screen. Paired with our surround speakers, we never need to go to the movie theatre again. Which is a good thing, considering our movie going has greatly decreased in the last 4 years since we started having kids.

On another note, I just ran to Pier One to browse after having lunch with a friend. Apparently, the Pier One Kids store is closing, so all their stuff is half off. I got a round table with a shelf under it, for $49 and to matching chairs for $44. The same looking table and chairs is at least $400 at Pottery Barn Kids. I love a good deal and this one has sent me over the top!
I'll post some pix when I get it put together.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yes! I was Phi Mu. E-mail me at lotsofscotts at gmail dot com!